1. What is virtual storage?
2. Virtual memory uses other storage as an extension of memory to free up RAM.
3. Who first devised the concept of virtual storage in 1956?
4. What are virtual memory addresses?
5. Complete the blank: virtual memory addresses are usually divded into blocks called ____.
6. The memory management unit translates virtual addresses into physical addresses.
8. Thrashing occurs if the CPU…
9. Thrashing can be stopped by closing down applications.
10. Why do embedded systems often not use virtual storage?