1. What is used to translate assembly code?
2. _____________ converts high level source code into machine code and stores it in an executable file.
3. __________ converts a single line of high level source code into machine code and then immediately runs it on the CPU.
4. Which of the following is not used to translate high level languages.
5. Which translator translates the source code in one go?
6. Which translator stops (line by line) when it encounters an error?
7. Which language translator is used at the end of development?
8. Which translator is typically used during the development of a program to aid the programmer?
9. Which language translator produces object code and an error report?
10. What is meant by 'source code'?
11. Because of the source code > translate > run loop, an interpreter tends to be a lot ______________ compared to compiled code.
12. The advantage of an interpreter is that it is excellent for developing and testing code as errors show up immediately.
13. A disadvantage of an interpreter is that it always must be present to run the source code and the source code must also be available.
14. Often a compiler will also check for syntax errors and notify the user if it finds any, line by line.
15. A software that combines object files (when a large program is broken down into smaller modules) is called a ...