1. Virtual Networks make use of software to ?
2. Within a LAN, all the machines are physically connected by cables, but the "virtual network" of devices are restricted from accessing certain computers (and therefore appear to be a separate network).
3. A 'virtual network' is part of the larger LAN or network but appears to be a separate network on its own.
4. In a school the network might be divided up into virtual networks for?
5. In a company with a virtual network set up for just the HR office, the HR employees would not be able to access the files and folders of the management staff.
6. Local area networks are set up and created using software and virtual networks are created using physical cables and hardware.
7. The advantages of a virtual network include:
8. One obvious disadvantage of a virtual network is hugely decreased security. If one VLAN is compromised with a VIRUS, the whole network is affected.
9. Virtual networks on a bigger network are said to be _____________ so that when malware affects one VN the others aren't affected.
10. It is possible to use virtual networks to connect devices to a LAN through a WAN
11. A company like facebook may have HR offices in France, the US and India. They would require the HR offices across the world to share files and resources. This is known as a ?
12. VPN tunnelling is a type of ?
13. A VPN (Virtual Private Network) could allow external devices to connect to a private network over a public WAN (e.g the internet) without ?.
14. Once logged in to a virtual private network (VPN), the user ?
15. It is much __________to use a VPN to connect through the internet than to pay to maintain a WAN that the company sets up on their own.