1. Which of the following statements is true about WIFI?
2. When you connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot at a cafe, a hotel, an airport lounge, or another public place, you're connecting to that business's wireless network
3. One wireless hub is usually enough to enable you to connect to the internet in any room in your home, though the signal will be _________ the nearer the hub you are
4. Many devices, such as smartphones come ready to accept Wi-Fi signals whilst others require buying a separate ?.
5. There are two well known frequency bands available to use when setting up a WIFI network. 2.4 GHz and 5Ghz. 2.4GHz is?.
6. The waves in this radio frequency are about 5 inches long and can pass through walls, windows and others objects well and signals have a range up to about 100 metres
7. 5 GHz is less common. It has a wavelength of about 2.5 inches long and this suggests that it is?
8. With 5 GHz ________ speeds can sometimes be achieved because it is less crowded/popular frequency.
9. When setting up a wireless network, 2.4 GHz is compatible with standards for building a wireless network known as 802.11b and 802.11g.
10. Radio waves can be bounced around by many things, including walls, mirrors, water and metal surfaces. This can cause ?.
11. Each frequency _____ is divided up in to ____________.
12. The 2.4 GHz band has ____ channels.
13. All the channels available in a band are always available at any given time and in any given location.
14. The 5GHz frequency offers additional bandwidth over the 2.4GHz frequency
15. The 5GHz frequency is capable of carrying more non-overlapping channels which will result in less interference.
16. Wireless network security relies on a combination of ___________, authentication, and authorization to provide maximum protection for a WLAN.
17. Encryption is a method of _____________data with a key code - the data must be decrypted to be made sense of.
18. With encryption is the data is intercepted it will be vulnerable as if it is found, it will make sense, even without the key
19. When you are using a secure site for example your bank, or purchasing on Amazon, encryption is applied to keep your details safe:
20. The encryption method used on secure sites is called:
21. The general rule of thumb is that the lower the frequency, the longer the propagation and the _____ the penetration
22. An example that helps you understand why low frequencies penetrate better is:
23. Interference between channels can be undesirable but doesn't lead to a reduction in performance
24. The benefit of wider channels is that more data can be transmitted, resulting in faster Wi-Fi speeds
25. In most cases the router handles the channel width selection _______________