1. What is a network protocol?
2. A good communication protocol should include how to set up a connection, how to end a connection, how to start a message and….
3. When the correct protocols (rules) are in place, hardware creators/makers have a good chance of their devices working on a network using that protocol
4. The word 'protocol' simply means:
5. The protocol used for communicating over the internet is called:
6. TCP/IP has two parts: the Transmission converted protocol and the Internet Placement protocol.
7. What does the TCP protocol do?
8. _______________ is the protocol underlying the World Wide Web and webpages are sent and received using this protocol.
9. FTP allows you to upload and download files and folders easily and it stands for:
10. POP, IMAP and SMTP are all protocols relating to:
11. ______________ is a wireless protocol that was developed to allow devices that are reasonably close to exchange data.
12. ____________ is a family of protocols responsible for sending and receiving data along a network cable.
13. The purpose of the HTTP protocol is to ensure emails are sent and received accurately.
14. What does SMTP stand for?
15. Which of the following is not a real IP address?
16. Rules of Network Protocol include guidelines that regulate the following: network access method, allowed physical topologies and _____________
17. Ethernet uses an access method called CSMA/CD (Carrier Sense Multiple Access/Collision Detection). This is a system where …
18. Sometimes, two computers attempt to transmit at the same instant. A _______________ occurs when this happens.
19. The Internet Protocol (IP) is the method or protocol by which …
20. Which of these is not a protocol?