1. The fundamental operators in Boolean logic are the operators And, Or and Not. (there are others too)
2. To understand how boolean logic works in practice, you need to know and understand the working of the different……
3. Logic is the foundation on which a computer system is built internally. Bits are switched __________________ using the binary 1's and 0's. In Boolean Logic, these translate into T (true) and F (false) statements.
4. George Boole was a largely self-taught English mathematician, philosopher and logician and is best known as the ______________
5. The keyword Bool represents a Boolean datatype in many programming languages and is named after George Boole.
6. This video, a trailer for a documentary celebrating the bicentenary of his birth on November 2, ___________ hints at how his radical discovery underpins the digital age
7. In Boolean Logic you start off with the idea that some statement P is either________________________, it can’t be anything in between (this called the law of the excluded middle
8. For example, if P is true then Not(P) is false which is like saying:
9. Boolean logic reflects the binary logic of logic gates and transistors in a computer's CPU. (The video below provides a nice intro)
10. One of the most recent uses of Boolean logic is in search engines