1. Making an electronic product uses resources, such as __________ . This has an impact on the environment.
2. Which of the following would a designer consider in order to reduce the impact on the environment?
3. A problem with electronic waste is that toxic chemicals such as lead, arsenic and cadmium can ...
4. Most countries in the developed world have regulations pertaining to e-waste and that it must be:
5. Some authorities get round the regulations by sending their e-waste to countries in Asia where the regulations aren't so strict.
6. Sustainability involves making as much use of our existing resources (e.g. mobile phones) as possible, rather than throwing them away.
7. Products can be recycled by breaking them up to extract as many valuable materials as possible (e.g. lead, gold, copper) that can be re-used.
8. Another effect or impact that ICT has on the environment is the huge amount of __________ used to power millions of machines.
9. Electricity generation can produce greenhouse gases. We can help reduce demand for electricity in small ways at home by …
10. A ______________ tracks and displays energy use. It may help people to be more careful about wasting electricity.