1. What is the main purpose of the Computer Misuse Act?
2. When was the Computer Misuse Act passed?
4. Some companies employ hackers to test out how secure their system is.
5. Offences under the Act include hacking, unauthorised access to computer systems, and purposefully spreading malicious and damaging software, such as viruses.
6. Which of the following is NOT an offence under the Computer Misuse Act?
8. You are committing a crime if you use your friend’s username and password to log onto their account without their permission.
9. The Computer Misuse Act makes it illegal to copy software.
10. Which of the following are the three offences that have been added to the Computer Misuse Act?
11. What is NOT considered altering data without permission?
12. If you are caught hacking or distributing viruses you could go to prison.
14. The Computer Misuse Act was enacted in the wake of the high profile hack of mailboxes including an account belonging to the Duke of Edinburgh by Robert Schifreen and Stephen Gold.
15. What is NOT a useful method of reducing spam email?
17. What is a good way to prevent abuse in a chat room?
19. A virus is a piece of software code.
20. It's ok to send harmless viruses that are just for a laugh.