2. To make a website available to the general public, what things in the list below would be useful to have in place?
3. ISP stands for "Internet Service Provider" - What is an ISP?
4. What does URL stand for?
6. Every single device connected to the internet has it's own unique address (a bit like your home address). What is this?
7. IP is short for Internet Protocol. An internet protocol is a set of rules that govern the activity on the internet and the WWW
8. An IP addres is made up of a set of four numbers, each of which contains one to three digits, and is seperated by a dot.
9. An IP address might look something like this:
10. Each part of the IP address is presented as a denary number ranging from 0 to 255 - unlike a MAC address which is presented in ____
11. IP address numbers may not look terribly impressive but they are the key to….
12. IP Addresses can be either:
13. Static addresses are temporary and can change
14. Dynamic IP addresses are temporary and are assigned to the device every time it accesses the internet
15. Websites are hosted on Servers. A server is simply…
16. If you were searching for a specific website (e.g. www.teachhamper.com) how would you know the IP address to find the server on which the site was stored?
17. The Domain Name System (DNS) translates web addresses into the correct IP address for the server or service that you requested.
18. DNS servers have a database of IP addresses and they are constantly updated by other DNS servers
19. An advantage of DNS is that you have to remember the IP addresses for all websites, ensuring you have a good memory
20. If you are not connected to a DNS server you will not be able to access any website for which there is a stored IP address
21. Are these valid as the first two steps of how the DNS works?
22. In the following web page URL, http is the protocol and www.testandtrack.io is the ??
23. Name servers are used to:
24. Every website has a URL with ?.
25. A DNS is an internet service that translates alphabetic names into IP addresses