2. If Encryption was used on a file, if an individual got hold of the file they would then be able to read it without the digital decryption key.
3. In the example of encryption shown below the encryped password begins with the letters:
4. Encryption works by scrambling the data (e.g. password) using ….
5. The algorithms used in encryption (such as the use of a hash table) mean that…
6. What are some of the disadvantages or potential risks of encryption?
7. Encryption tends to be applied to:
8. Encryption exists so that if a hacker gets into a system they cannot steal data but what can stop a hacker from getting through in the first place?
9. Firewalls allow you to block certain ports (ports are access points) as well as block _________________________
10. If a user installed a game from within the network, it is possible the game will not communicate with the internet if the 'port' it is sending data from is blocked.
11. A firewall can also block certain or specific IP addresses. For example a school may want to …..
12. What is "Packet Sniffing"?
13. Firewalls can help "Denial of service" attacks where hackers send thousands or millions of requests to your server to try and overload it.
14. Firewalls can prevent malware from leaking data back out of the network if it manages to get in.
15. In order for any device (e.g. computer) to connect to the internet (or any network) it must have a piece of hardware called:
16. Each NIC (Network Interface Card) has a unique number hardwired into it by the manufacturer. Fill in the blanks.
17. Networks can be configured to only accept connections from devices with a MAC address from an ________________________
18. The process of preventing unknown devices from getting into a network and checking them against an approved list is called:
19. An example of Mac filtering is as follows: True or False?
20. Read the following excerpt on end to end encryption. Which famous company uses this technology entitled: "secret conversation"?