1. In 2016, the top 10 Utility software vendors accounted for nearly 45% of the global Utility applications market which grew 1.5% to approach nearly $3.3 billion in license, maintenance and subscription revenues
2. What is utility software?
3. Which of the following are computer utility software?
4. Utility software interacts with the computer's hardware.
5. What is encryption software?
6. What is used to encrypt and decrypt code?
7. Using encryption software makes your personal data more vulnerable to attack and interception
8. Read the following excerpt and fill in the blanks
9. In the maintenance of file systems, ________________ is a process that reduces the amount of fragmentation
10. Fill in the blanks to correctly complete the following statement
11. Read the following excerpt and fill in the blanks
12. _________________ utilities juggle the contents of memory sectors around to keep files together as much as possible
13. You may want to compress a file to let you send it as an email attachment. For this task you would choose to use a _____________________
14. In many cases, a utility program is built in to the operating system. (e.g. Windows has a built in compression utility you can use to compress a file or folder)
15. A compression utility program (like winzip) simply __________________
16. A ______ utility may enable you to set up a schedule to ________ all your files automatically on a regular basis
17. There are two main types of backup - complete or ____________
18. Encryption over the internet is often carried out by a utility built into the web browser.
19. An ______________ utility can be used to secure data
20. Utility software cannot diagnose or ever fix system issues and hardware problems