1. SSDs use electrical circuits to persistently store data and the technology involves the use of NAND gates.
2. Which of the following is the smallest unit of data that can be stored?
3. The word 'bit' comes from 'Binary Digit'.
4. A hard disk is an optical storage device.
6. If you want to be able to save your files over and over again to the same CD, which of the following types of CD would you need to use?
7. A DVD is a flash storage device.
10. What is the order of capacity (smallest to largest) of the following storage media?
Fixed hard disk, Blu-ray, DVD, floppy disk
Floppy disk, Blu-ray, DVD, fixed hard disk
Floppy disk, DVD, Blu-ray, fixed hard disk
DVD, floppy disk, Blu-ray, fixed hard disk
11. Which of these is a compact disk containing permanently stored data that cannot be altered?
12. Which of these terms refers to computer data storage systems, data storage devices and data storage media that can be written to once but read from multiple times?
13. Which of the following is an example of write once, read many (WORM) storage media type?
14. A type of storage device with no moving parts that uses memory chips instead of magnetic platters is commonly referred to as a solid-state drive (SSD).
15. What would be the most suitable device to transfer a file from home to school?
16. Which of the following is NOT an example of a storage device?
18. Which of the following has the highest data density?
19. Which of the following storage devices recording is done by burning tiny pits on a circular disk?
20. In which of the following magnetic storage devices is the data stored on a cylindrical drum and subdivided into tracks?
21. Which of these is a solid state storage device?
22. What type of storage is a SSD card?
23. Which of the following types of storage would likely access its data
24. Which of the following types of storage is the most durable?
25. Which of the following types of storage is the most expensive per
26. Why is a hard disk drive (HDD) not very portable?
27. Which type of storage uses lasers to write the data?
28. The types of storage are listed below from fastest to slowest. Which
order is correct?
29. Perhaps the strangest new storage technology of the future is DNA. The molecule that stores biological information could be used to store other kinds of data.
30. Scientists and tech companies have been working on holographic data storage for decades. In 2011, GE demonstrated an example of holographic disc storage: DVD-sized disks that could store 500GB thanks to cramming the data onto layers of tiny holograms.