1. Early computers were often connected to terminals by a 'LAN' - what does this stand for?
2. What did Donald Davies devise at the UK National Physical Laboratory?
3. What was the name of the packet switching network built for the US Department of Defence in 1969?
4. The word 'internet' was first used in 1974 as a shortened form of what term?
5. Commercial use of the internet was at first forbidden.
6. Many countries developed their own packet switching networks.
7. What are the TCP/IP protocols introduced in 1983 and still in use today?
8. Who devised the concept of the world wide web, the web server and web browser?
9. What web browser is credited with popularising the internet by first showing text and pictures on the same page?
10. What percentage of the world's population is estimated to have used the internet by 2015?