1. In what modern day country was the abacus invented, around 2700-2300 BC?
2. What was this ancient Greek mechanism found by archaeologists used for?
3. The Islamic Al-Jazari mechanical clock (described in 1206) is thought to be the first re-programmable mechanical computer.
4. What could this paper device invented by the Franciscan monk Ramon Llull (1232-1315) do?
5. Who developed a logical calculation framework called the 'calculus ratiocinator'?
6. What machine proposed by Charles Babbage (1791-1871) is said to contain all the essential elements of a modern computer?
7. Who first proposed the idea of using digital electronics for computing in 1931?
8. What was the first general purpose electronic computer?
9. The Intel 4004 was the first commercial microprocessor.
10. The Apple Macintosh computer was named after what?