1. Without storage we wouldn't be able to go back to the data/information we have! Storage has changed vastly through the ages. Define a storage device.
2. Developments in the field of storage are progressing every day. There is talk of 'embedded storage chips' becoming common place. Can you name one more type of storage that is not on the below list.
3. A storage device is sometimes defined as devices used to store data in binary format (used for processing later). Which of the following in the list is NOT a storage device?
4. Three types of storage we commonly look at are 1. Optical 2. Magnetic and 3. Solid State. What would you use for storing images in a digital camera and why?
5. Most computer systems require secondary storage (this is different from Main Memory and RAM) in order to store files (like the operating system) even when the system is 'off'. This is referred to as ____________.
6. An E-Book reader would be best off using a particular type of storage for the following reasons. What type of storage is this likely to be referring to?
7. The online company TechHamper is producing a free e-book to distribute to its customers about the latest technology items. Which of the following reasons are valid for why a CD-ROM might be best?
==Advantages of Opitcal Storage=====
#1 Cheap to Produce
#2 Expensive to Produce
#4 Enough capacity for something like an e-book
#5 Can easily be read by other devices (e.g. computers)
#6 Read-only (cannot write over it)
#7 Massive capacity for storage
#8 No moving parts / reliable and robust
8. Secondary storage is defined as long-term and non-volatile storage of data and files. What are the characteristics of secondary storage devices that should be considered when selecting a device?
#1 Capacity Size
#2 Smooth feel
#5 Response to 'voice interaction'
9. A smartphone is a computer system with input, output and storage devices. Name an input, output and storage device that a smart phone will come with
10. What type of storage is the following excerpt describing?
11. Typically, a CD holds more data than a hard drive.
12. Typically, a hard drive holds more data than a memory stick.
13. What does the CPU stand for? Is it a secondary storage device?
14. Where is all the data saved permanently on a typical desktop PC?