1. Select which of the following options (1,2,3,4) fits when DeMorgan's laws are applied:
2. Apply DeMorgan's laws to: ~(A + B) =
3. DeMorgan’s theorem may be thought of in terms of breaking __________
4. When multiple “layers” of bars exist in an expression, you may only break one bar at a time, and it is generally easier to begin simplification by breaking the longest (uppermost) bar first
5. Use DeMorgan's law on the expression: DE + ~D + ~E and you will get: DE + D* ~E
6. You should never break more than one bar in a single step
7. Fill in the blanks in this excerpt that explains what DeMorgan's Theorems describe
8. DeMorgan's laws: Two separate terms NAND´ed together is the same as the two terms inverted (Complement) and ___________
9. Analyse the first two steps provided below and fill in the blanks for 1 and 2.
10. Given that F = A'B'+ C'+ D'+ E', which of the following represent the only correct expression for F'?
11. What part of this table, on careful analysis, proves that DeMorgan's theorem is correct?
12. Not (A and B) is the same as Not A ___ Not B.
13. Read the rather long question below to use DeMorgan's laws to solve this 'real world' problem.
14. By De Morgan's Laws, A NAND B is equivalent to~A OR ~B (The overline represents the negation of a signal). Thus, an OR gate can be constructed by ______________________
15. Augustus De Morgan, credited with formulating DeMorgan's laws, was born in _____________ in 1806