1. Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is a stylesheet language used to describe the ______________of a document written in HTML or XML
2. Like HTML, CSS is not really a programming language. It is not a markup language either — it is a style sheet language
3. CSS lets you apply styles selectively to elements in HTML documents. For example, to select all the paragraph elements on an HTML page and turn the text within them red, you'd write this CSS:
4. Pasting the following line of code between the 'head' tags __________________
5. In this example, what element is being styled?
6. In the following example the property is ____ and the property value is:
7. Read the following excerpt on CSS and the box model and fill in the blanks.
8. What would the following CSS do?
9. In the following CSS, what does the width:600px property do?
10. The following CSS simply sets a 5-pixel–wide, solid black border on all sides of the body.
11. ___________ is a key feature in CSS; it relies on the ancestor-descendant relationship to operate.
12. Have a look at the following example demonstrating inheritance and fill in the blanks
13. There are three ways of inserting a style sheet. Which of the following are NOT valid ways.
14. An external style sheet can be written in any text editor. The file should not contain any html tags. The style sheet file must be saved with a .css extension
15. Comment on the following external CSS style sheet.Which statement is most accurate
16. An internal style sheet may be used if one single page has a unique style. Internal styles are defined within the style element, inside the head tags section of an HTML page
17. As CSS is now a standard across the web, it is not possible to use inline styles applied to single elements as shown here:
18. An inline style loses many of the advantages of a style sheet (by mixing content with presentation). It is advised to use this sparingly
19. Read the following excerpt on cascasing priority. An _______ style has the highest priority, and will override external and internal styles and browser defaults
20. ______________ are defined with a hash tag preceding the id name e.g. #header
21. _______ work in a similar way to an identifier, but use a full stop as a prefix e.g>> .list (____ can be used multiple times on a webpage)
22. Grouped styles can be applied to an HTML element such as a div element by ____________________________
23. You can group selectors by separating each selector with a comma
24. There are different type of selectors including: attribute, element, class, and ID selectors
25. An external css file is usually named: 'css.style' and will be stored along with the images (image directory of your site)