1. In the client server model, the client sends requests for data over the network and the server receives these requests and processes them.
2. The connection between the client and the server uses the ________________.
3. The web socket protocol acts as ___________________________________
4. Using the web socket protocol, the full duplex connection is established between:
5. Read the following excerpt that provides some history on the development of web applications and fill in the blanks
6. The problem with many solutions was that they carried the overhead of HTTP. Every time you make an HTTP request a bunch of headers and cookie data are transferred to the server. This can cause an increase in __________________
7. Imagine you were building a browser-based game. Creating a low-latency connection that can support transactions supported by either client or server would be useful. This is what ___________ provide.
8. WebSockets provide a ________________ between a client and server that both parties can use to start sending data at any time.
9. Read the following excerpt and then fill in the blanks for what comes next. Now that the handshake is complete the initial HTTP connection is replaced by a _____________________ that uses the same underlying TCP/IP connection.
10. With WebSockets you can transfer as much data as you like without incurring the overhead associated with traditional HTTP requests
11. Data is transferred through a WebSocket as messages, each of which consists of one or more frames containing the data you are sending (the payload)
12. WebSocket is a different protocol from HTTP. Both protocols are located at layer 7 in the OSI model and, as such, depend on TCP at layer 4
13. The WebSocket protocol enables interaction between a web client (such as a browser) and a web server with lower overheads, facilitating ______________ transfer from and to the server
14. The WebSocket protocol is currently supported in most major browsers including Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Opera.
15. Unlike HTTP, WebSocket provides ______________ communication. Additionally, WebSocket enables streams of messages on top of TCP
16. The WebSocket protocol specification defines ws (WebSocket) and wss (WebSocket Secure) as two new uniform resource identifier (URI) schemes that are used for _______________________ connections, respectively
17. To establish a WebSocket connection, the client sends a WebSocket handshake request, for which the server returns a WebSocket handshake response
18. It would make more sense to use Web sockets over HTTPS for developing multiplayer games that require real time.
19. HTTP could be a better choice over Web sockets in this example: "A football fan wants to check the result of game results for the last few years on a website"
20. Examples of uses/applications when a Web Socket is typically going to be a better choice include when you need: