1. Who is the Caesar cipher named after?
2. The Caesar cipher is also known as …
3. What type of cipher is the Caesar cipher?
4. The Caesar cipher replaces each plaintext letter with another letter a fixed position further in the alphabet.
5. The distance between each plaintext and ciphertext letter is the …
6. If the Caesar cipher shift is two, how would HELLO WORLD appear in ciphertext?
7. What is the most frequently used letter in the English language?
8. Letter frequency can often be used to break a Caesar cipher as the shift is the same for each letter.
9. Using frequency analysis, what is the most likely plaintext of RJJYRJFYYMJGWNILJ?
10. The ROT13 algorithm is an example of a Caesar cipher.