What do you think would be considered the simplest model of software development?
2. Which model is also called the classic life cycle or the waterfall model?
3. When is terminal testing carried out?
4. Which of these is not the name of a group of test data that you would use in a test plan?
5. A test plan only needs to take the user down one possible path of the program and use 'normal' data.
6. Final testing is generally a much quicker process than iterative testing.
7. Erroneous test data contains values that the program should not accept, e.g.
8. In _________ testing the program goes through several development cycles in which the program is tested and requirements adjusted.
9. A disadvantage of black box testing is that:
10. White box testing involves looking into the details of the algorithm. One method is:
11. Iterative testing is when a programmer writes code, tests it and returns to it if there are errors, before moving on and doing the same for the next stage.
12. Final testing or user acceptance testing is also called the ...
13. Final testing is broken down into two stages: alpha and beta.
14. Alpha testing is carried out by a group of volunteers unconnected to the development process and beta testing is carried out by the developers.
15. With the ___________ method, the project is split up into a number of stages. Read the excerpt to decide what method it is.
16. In the 'pure' waterfall method there is no iteration - once a stage is completed you cannot go back.
17. The reality is that most projects would employ the 'pure' waterfall method, as they never have the need to go back to an earlier stage.
18. In the waterfall method each step affects or influences the next (e.g. analysis stage influences the design stage).
19. From the diagram, it is obvious that a late change to a project could have a….
20. The waterfall method is suited for projects that are …
21. Which of these are disadvantages of the waterfall method?
22. With the ______ model, if everything goes as expected, the project cascades through the systems life cycle, one after the other.
23. The ___________ model is preferred over the waterfall model if the system is brand new and has a large number of unknowns or uncertainties.
24. What is the purpose of testing?
25. Software development can only be done in a high-level language.