1. A Denial-of-Service (DoS) attack is an attack meant to shut down a machine or network, making it inaccessible to its intended users.
2. An attack like this occurs when multiple systems flood the bandwidth of a targeted system, usually one or more _________.
3. Panix, the third-oldest ISP in the world, was the target of what is thought to be the first DoS attack. This was in the year 1996.
4. In a distributed denial-of-service attack (DDoS attack), the incoming traffic flooding the victim originates from _________.
5. The above scenario effectively makes it impossible to stop the attack simply by ______________________.
6. Criminal perpetrators of DoS attacks often target sites or services hosted on high-profile web servers such as banks or credit card payment gateways.
7. Revenge, blackmail and activism is never likely to be the reason behind any of these attacks.
8. A _________________ attack typically involves more than around 3?5 nodes on different networks; fewer nodes may qualify as a DoS attack but is not a DDoS attack.
9. The simplest DoS attack relies primarily on ________, flooding the target with an overwhelming flux of packets, depleting the target's system resources.
10. A SYN flood occurs when a host sends a flood of__________________ often with a forged sender address.