1. System software is a type of computer program that is designed to run a computer?s ____________
2. The best known example of system's software is the O __________ S__________
3. Fill in the blanks for the following excerpt on an important type of systems software.
4. The boot program loads the operating system into the computer's main memory or random access memory (RAM).
5. Internet/Web OS: Is designed to run on the browser that is online.
6. Other types of systems software (apart from Operating systems) include:
7. Translators are systems software that translate low level languages into high level languages.
8. These programs ensure optimum functionality of devices and applications. They are 'useful' programs that the user can utilise on the system
9. System software is the first layer of software to be loaded into memory every time a computer is powered up
10. Drivers are examples of systems software. Devices which require drivers include:
11. Examples of Utility software include:
12. Disk degragmenters are used to:
13. File Compression utility software is useful to optimise disk space. An example is:
14. In contrast to system software, software that allows users to do things like create text documents, play games, listen to music, or surf the web is called ???.
15. A __________ is the core part of the operating system that defines an API for applications programs (including some system software) and an interface to device drivers